Monday, February 21, 2011

Embrace Change

Our library is playing Book Bingo. We started in October and it ends in March. The object is to read a variety of genres listed on the bingo card you selected. It's a chance to step outside your comfort zone and try new authors or genres. I was sure I would hate reading a western. Surprise, I enjoyed the Louis L'Amore book. I also wasn't looking forward to the Science Fiction/Fantasy catagory. I chose James Patterson's Maximum Ride. I enjoyed it so much, I must read the rest of the series.

Isn't life great when you have the courage to try something new and you are surprised how much you like it? We should never let ourselves get too boxed in on our likes and dislikes. Time has a way of changing our taste, our outlooks, our needs, our desires. Go with the changes, experience life, explore unknowns, open your eyes to what possible.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Your blog is finally fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok first, LOL @michelle.

    and second, i couldn't agree more mom!

    ReplyDelete